The Morning of Bo
The Morning of Bo is an adventure game where you play as a farmer and try to stop corrupted wild beasts from eating your crops
This game was developed in a TGA made c++ engine where my main responsibility was gameplay, with a focus on the player character
- The player controller was made using a state stack system. where each state (attack, move, throw, etc) is added and after it is done, the next state in the stack gets to execute their code.
- The player can use different ways to defeat the wildlife. Either attacking normally using their scythe or by holding it in to do a charge attack. I also implemented so objects can be picked up and thrown at enemies, but this mechanic is also used to unlock new paths in the world.
- I implemented chests which gives the player items or upgrades when interacted with.
- I implemented cuttable grass in order to add extra juice to the game world.
- I implemented crystals which when attacked by the player would lift a bridge. This would allow the player to progress across in the game.