Enclosed is a platformer where you play as an old woman trying to rescue her granddaughter from a hospital of evil
This game was developed in an TGA made c++ engine and my main responsibility was engine, with a focus on audio and levels
- I implemented level loading via json first, but it was later changed to binary by a different programmer to reduce the large loading times.
- I implemented transition between levels through "end of level" points. When a player enters one of these points, the screen fades to black and then proceeds to load the next level.
- I implemented a scripted event with the help of Zoe Thysell and Johanna Malmberg, where the player goes near a tape recorder, hears an alarm sound, and then finds two nearby guards dead with inmates standing over their bodies.
During this project, I worked closely with Johanna Malmberg, our audio director.
- I implement all the sounds in the game, where all of them were either made or sourced by Johanna.
- The most interesting thing I worked on with Johanna was the extensive use of audio parameters and audio trigger boxes to evolve the ambience of the levels as you played.
- I implemented the videos which would appear during the intro, outro and as the main menu background. I also implemented support for videos that would appear in the world on monitors or such, but it was unfortunately never used.
Bastian Helly-Hansen Stockenborn